The Desert Bluegrass Association was conceived in March, 1995, when a group of avid bluegrassers perceived a need for an organization to develop and promote Bluegrass music for the diverse audience in the Greater Tucson Area.
The DBA is an all volunteer organization whose purpose is to:
- Provide a monthly meeting place for all individuals, musicians and non-musicians alike, who are interested in bluegrass music.
- Disseminate information about bluegrass music events.
- Develop a workshop and concert series.
- Develop an annual bluegrass festival.
- Support local/regional artists.
- Support national/international artists.